Are you providing your clients with a positive experience?
Implementing this ONE (easy) thing can level up your entire process…
Do your clients know exactly what to expect when they start working with you?
If your answer was “umm… I think so…?” — it may be time to take a closer look at the processes you have in place.
You may be crystal clear on what you’re offering your client, when you’re sending them your deliverables, how much they’re paying you, and what your goals for their project are. But have you outlined all of these things for them?
Sure, you talk about all of that on your discovery call, and likely in your proposal, but the fact of the matter is: your clients are BUSY. They’re working on running their own businesses — just like you — and they may forget a couple details here and there.
That’s why providing them with the easiest, most streamlined experience is key to ensuring their satisfaction! Which brings me to… THE CLIENT WELCOME GUIDE!
Having a welcome guide that you send each client is such a great way to provide your client with the elevated experience that they deserve. And it benefits you as much as it does them!
- Helps you set expectations and boundaries up front. By adding expectations and setting your boundaries in your client welcome guide, you’ll ensure that your client is well-prepared for your ideal working relationship. Including things like your preferred communication medium or your office hours can limit the amount of disconnect and email back-and-forth you might otherwise have to endure.
- Provides you with a paper trail. In the event that your client ever were to dispute what you were contracted to offer them, the timeline, or any other element of your process, you can refer back to the client welcome guide’s clearly-outlined deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Ensures a happy customer. And happy customers are return customers. By going the extra mile and sending your client a beautifully designed outline of what they can expect in working with you, you’re definitely going to impress them.
- Helps you finish their project faster, without silly questions. By outlining everything you need from your clients in your welcome guide, the chances of you chasing them down to get an answer are slim, as are the chances of them sending you a message about your timeline or details. If they have a question about your services, they’ll likely look to the guide before they come to you — and even if they do come to you, you can refer them back to the guide. Questions? Answered!
- Clients will respect you. When you share a clear process right from the beginning, clients will automatically respect your professionalism, assume that all of your other clients abide by your boundaries, and follow suit. Hello, easy client management!
If you’re thinking “wow, I definitely need a client welcome guide now! But how do I create one?” I have good news for you: that’s actually why I’m writing this to you today.
I’ve created a welcome guide template just for you! By using this client welcome guide template when a potential client reaches out to you, you’ll immediately set the tone for your working relationship and put those healthy boundaries in place. From your creative process to timelines to animation-specific business policies, this clear (and customizable!) template will safeguard your project and your time.
“Since incorporating Claire’s templates and tools, I’ve been able to engage my prospective clients in a more impactful way and have literally landed every single client that has approached me since!” — Tosha, Peach Media
Are you ready to streamline your client experience?
For more tools like this one, head over to Oui Create’s template shop here!